Since early in 2008, the Prostate Cancer Roundtable has acted as a forum through which all members of the U.S. prostate cancer advocacy community can act in concert to ensure a shared set of policy and scientific priorities that affect the prevention, detection of risk, diagnosis, and management of prostate cancer–the most commonly diagnosed form of cancer in men. Our fundamental objective is to ensure that we all work together on priorities that will lead to:
- A major decrease in the annual incidence of newly diagnosed cases of prostate cancer
- The early diagnosis and optimal treatment of all cases of clinically significant prostate cancer
- Access to high quality care for all men diagnosed with this disease
The Prostate Cancer Roundtable encourages local and regional prostate cancer-specific organizations and patient groups to support our agenda …
Learn more …
to the Roundtable?
The membership of the Prostate Cancer Roundtable includes major, independent U.S.-based prostate cancer advocacy organizations …
Learn more …
the “Hot Seat”?
The Roundtable responds to new AUA screening guidelines; expresses concern about the confusion caused by contradictory guidelines. Read here.
Read the April 2013 letter to Sec. Sebelius about the next director of AHRQ here.
- Social Security Administration Announces Compassionate Allowances Benefit for Men Diagnosed with Hormone-refractory Prostate Cancer
- Early Detection Guidelines for High Risk Men
- Prostate Cancer Roundtable Calls for Quality-Of-Life Endpoints
- Prostate Cancer Roundtable leads letter to Sec. Sebelius about the next director of AHRQ
- Prostate Cancer Roundtable Announces Updated National Policy Agenda